1. The next World Cup will be held in Brazil in 2014. Two years are more than enough to speak Portuguese fluently.
2. The Olympic Games 2016 will also be held in Brazil. If you are perfectionist, you have four years to get even more fluent.
3. Portuguese language is easier than Russian and Mandarin (Chinese language);
4. Portuguese is similar to Spanish. If you learn one it is half way to understand the other. But Portuguese has more phonetic sounds than Spanish, which means that if you learn Portuguese, it is much easier to understand Spanish than the other way around.
5. Although Brazil is not yet a racial paradise, we are getting there; this is one of our goals. So, it's quite sure that you will feel more welcome in Brazil than in anywhere in the world. Please, visit and let us know.
6. Brazilians are curious, funny and open-minded. It may sound like a myth, but it isn't. If you met a Brazilian that has not one of those profiles, you met an exception.